Safety Committee Development
SAFETY COMMITTEE SPINNING ITS WHEELS?
The role of the Health & Safety Committee is to develop and maintain health and safety awareness. The committee should work with management to address the health and safety concerns of employees. Using OSHA's S.T.A.R.T. Program, I can establish, or reenergize, your Employee Health & Safety Committee including:
- Determining size and composition of the committee.
- Planning meeting dates and times.
- Establishing priorities, setting agendas and facilitating the meetings.
- Training committee members in their roles.
- Developing necessary tracking forms to assess committee effectiveness.
- Certifying the committee with your state (this can result in Workers' Compensation premium reduction).
Participation by all members of the work force has facilitated positive action in safety-related programs reported by successful companies. When formed, safety committees become an integral part of the safety communication program.
To ensure your committee is performing at its peak contact me today!
March 19, 2013 - "Accounting for the HR
Professional" Susquehanna HR Association, Lewisburg, PA
March 20, 2013 - "HR Strategic Planning: Charting the Course
of HR in Your Organization" Blair County SHRM, State College, PA
April 15, 2013 - "Variable Pay: Incentives
& Consequences" SHRM Talent Management Conference, Las Vegas,
May 15, 2013 - "HR Strategic Planning:
Charting the Course of HR in Your Organization" Central PA HR
Professionals, Harrisburg, PA